Dream: Its night, a fixing to be zombie crashed his red truck into our living room. Wanna be zombie has the traditional red twinged eyeballs, and he just look like he was fixing to chomp on our brains any minute. Then the next second its daylight, Will and I are in the same living room, (mind you theres no damage from the prezombie smashing his truck), hes looking out the window. I get this flash of what he is seeing out the window, I start flipping out. I see ALOT of zombies heading our way. Not just run of the mill zombies, but scary as hell zombies. I start shoving crap into a backpack and telling Will, "We gots to go". He is still looking out the window and asks, "Why?". Yeah so at that point I know this had to be a dream because in real life someone tells me that, they would just get left in my dust. Next thing I know a zombie smashes through the glass....and I wake up with my heart thundering and I am sweating like crazy.
Okay yes I take sleeping pills, but never have I had a dream so vivid and real to the point where I can recall actual events of said dream. Not only can I not turn my brain off to go to sleep, I get anxious about actually trying to go to sleep. Yeah I am not "winning" in Charlie Sheen's book. So I figure my subconscious is trying to say something. Like, "Hey you over there. Knock, knock. We got a problem." So I cruised over the Dream Dictionary, because I truly believe our subconscious does try to throw some things out to us in our sleep. First thing I see is this:
To see or dream that you are a zombie suggests that you are physically and/or emotionally detached from people and situations that are currently surrounding you. You are feeling out of touch. Alternatively, a zombie means that you are feeling dead inside. You are just going through the motions of daily living.
Nope I wasn't a zombie. I wasn't randomly trying to eat people brains or take a chunk out their butts like they were a chicken mcnugget. Clear skin: check, blue eyes:check, urge to run like hell:check. So nope I was not even a wanna be zombie.
To dream that you are attacked by zombies indicate that you are feeling overwhelmed by forces beyond your control. You are under tremendous stress in your waking life. Alternatively, the dream represents your fears of being helpless and overpowered.
Ding, ding, we have a winner folks. I got to say when I read that, a light bulb went off in my head. I do feel like this lately. Especially after that minor breakdown post I had last night. I do feel overwhelmed and anxious. Like I can't fix what is so wrong in my life. I am not happy, and feel like I am not being heard. I am saying what is wrong with me, but the people I am saying it to just are not hearing it. So needless to say it is time to go back on my Paxil (I already took one) and probably go ahead to get that xanax refilled. Because clearly my mind is trying to tell me whatever I am doing is so not working and I am heading for a major breakdown. Just to confirm my nonzombie status....
![]() |
| We Are So Not Zombies |
